So yesterday I went for a full-fledged run. I have dabbled in running before, but I’ve never really made the effort to do it whole-heartedly. But I drove to the trail that I usually rollerblade on, dressed in full lululemon apparel (it’s more motivating if you look cute) and I had my iPod on my armband. Then I thought, well ef, where am I going to put my keys? I had a moment of genius (not really) and fashioned them on to the armband. It worked, sort of. Here are a couple lessons I learned from my first real run.
- The music of Journey is amazing and uplifting
- Do not, I repeat do not run without socks. I have blisters the size of a cocktail ring on my ankles.
- Other runners will wave to you (I was way too excited about this)
- When I felt like I couldn’t run anymore, I put on Funk Soul Brother and immediately gained the strength to keep going. Funk Soul Brother is the ULTIMATE song for anything.
- That’s about it.. Can anyone offer me some more helpful tips?
It rained like crazy this morning, so the dog park is out of the question. But I’ll probably take the dogs on a walk this afternoon. Oh, and no more frolicking in the wildnerness. We found a tick burrowed into Layla’s head yesterday. Poor thing I hear that the ticks are really bad in May, so maybe we’ll just wait a little bit.
I really hope that I can continue to run, because I actually enjoy it and I’ve always wanted to start a running regime. I am on a mission to be as healthy as I can be and I think that running is an amazing exercise. I also want to rock climb so badly, but I think I’d need to join a gym for that and I’m not into paying for a gym right now, so we’ll see. It’s summer though, and that means that I can go kayaking again! It’s a serious arm workout, and it’s soooo much fun.
I have refilled my Sigg waterbottle like 3 times already today. I must be dehydrated or bored.
Well, see ya later!