Do you ever get like that?
Somedays, I’ll have a temporary lapse in judgement of my “life plan”. I’ll begin to question everything, doubt my abilities and just become a recluse, ignoring the world until I can get it spinning in the right direction again. Words pop into my head like: grades, future, money, independence, failure …. blah blah blah.
Most of the time I find that on days like that, I just have to let those things stay up in the air and wait until I have a clear head to tackle the important issues. I do other things that will make me feel both productive and happy. Here’s a list of fairly insignificant things that make me feel accomplished on days where I feel like I might not accomplish anything in life.
- Start [brainstorming] a new project. I found this on Pinterest and I really want to try it. I have a totally bare wall in my bedroom that might look really good with some framed fabrics.
- Wash your underwear. Nothing says “calm, cool & collected” like a drawer full of clean underwear.
- Better yet, clean all the things. If you are feeling overwhelmed, chances are your area is messy. Cleaning a toilet can be therapeutic too.
- Light a fabulous scented candle. My whole house smells like Autumn Apples from Bath & Body Works.
- Wear bright clothing, or bright accessories. I do this on days even when I’m not sad.
- Three words: Dog. Cuddle. Time. I love when Layla confines me to my bed because she’s laying on me. Most adorable form of procrastination ever.
- Cook/bake/brainstorm new recipe ideas. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I successfully make something in the kitchen.
Apple Pie Oats! Recipe Coming Soon.
- Dance. Because only your dogs are watching. I was doing the Party Rock Anthem dance all over my house yesterday. Do anything to break a sweat.
- And lastly, just try to find something to smile about. Things ALWAYS, ALWAYS get better.